Link, Isabelle, and more coming to Mario Kart 8 ⊟
What. Not sure if this reveal was accidental, but Nintendo UK’s official site posted listings for two upcoming downloadable content packs for Mario Kart 8.
The Zelda pack, coming this November, includes:
- 3 Characters: Tanooki Mario, Cat Peach, Link
- 4 Vehicles (is that a Blue Falcon from F-Zero?)
- 8 Courses (including an F-Zero stage!)
The Animal Crossing pack isn’t due until May 2015:
- 3 Characters: Villager, Isabelle, Dry Bowser
- 4 Vehicles
- 8 Courses (an Animal Crossing stage, yay!)
Each pack is priced at £7.00 or the UK, or around $11.60. The listings note, “As a bonus for purchasing both packs - as a bundle or separately - you can get eight different-coloured Yoshis and eight different-coloured Shy Guys that can be used right away.”
okay so i had been spoilered all to hell already about captain america
i had assumed it was like other marvel stuff, where falcon is a shield agent, and that “on your left” came out of some kind of shield exercise thing
IT WAS LITERALLY JUST STEVE ROGERS FUCKING WITH…
Y’all “on your left” is just standard practice. I say it on my bike all the time (or at least ring my bell) because otherwise that person could veer into you as you pass them.
Left lane is for passing
Thursday marked the second anniversary of All Things Linguistic. Since I post daily and so much has happened since then, I have a LOT of favourite posts! Here are some of them.
Here are some YouTube stats* about Nintendo Direct:
- There have been 35 US region Nintendo Direct videos as of 4/30/2014, the first of which was uploaded to YouTube 10/21/2011, the only Nintendo Direct of 2011.
- In 2012 there were 7 Nintendo Directs and in 2013 when Nintendo chose to forgo a booth at E3 in favor of releasing Nintendo Directs, there were 23 videos posted.
- This year (2014) there have already been 4 videos.
- In addition to YouTube, Nintendo Directs are also live streamed and archived on Nintendo.com and on 3DS and Wii U systems.
- The least viewed and shortest video of the series has been the 2012 E3 Developer Direct for Bayonetta 2, with 57,854 views.
- The Tomodachi Life Direct is the fifth most viewed game specific video and most watched video focused on a new IP, beating out The Wonderful 101 and Nintendo 3DS Guide: Louvre.
Top 5 Nintendo Directs (Views):
- Wii U & Nintendo 3DS Developer Direct - Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U @E3 2013 - 1,746,648 views
- Nintendo Direct@E3 2013 - 1,668,763 views
- Super Smash Bros. Direct 4.8.2014 - 1,155,227 views
- Nintendo Direct Pre E3 2012 - 1,017,028 views
- Nintendo - Pokémon Direct 1.8.2013 - 620,274 views
Top 5 Game Specific Direct Subjects (Views):
- Super Smash Bros. (Wii U + 3DS) - 2 videos, 2,901,875 total views
- Pokémon X & Y - 2 videos, 931,465 total views
- Super Mario 3D World - 1 video, 575,994 views
- Tomodachi Life - 1 video, 540,307 views
- Mario Kart 8 - 2 videos, 441,578 total views**
Top 5 General Nintendo Direct Videos (Views):
- Nintendo Direct@E3 2013, 6/11/2013 - 1,668,763 views [E3 Presser]
- Nintendo Direct Pre E3 2012, 6/3/2012 - 1,017,028 views [E3 Hype]
- Nintendo Direct 2.13.14, 2/13/2014 - 474,969 views [Poor Wii U sales rebound, GBA on Wii U, Little Mac in Smash Bros]
- Nintendo Direct Mini, 10/2/2012 - 473,457 views [New Super Mario Bros. 2 DLC]
- Nintendo Direct 6.21.2012, 6/21/2012 - 471,071 views [3DS XL]
* - All stats collected 4/30/2014 from youtube.com/nintendo, playlist: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQGD66BW1Bmn5_7fEV1Igh_Xm7gHwaWSxcsv data here: http://pastebin.com/VtKjb0V0
** - The second Mario Kart 8 Direct is from today (4/30/2014) with 206,227 views in the last 17 hours, expect this to move up quickly.